Monday 10 June 2013

Hordes, Hmmm

So yeah, OK. I admit it I've put off Hordes and Warmachine for a while. Although I've always loved the look and style of the Mini's I've never... well... wanted to get into the game. Thus I have always looked on from a distance.



I caved...

God I feel so dirty, but after spending a day at the MK show, me and a buddy decided we would get the Two Player Starter between us, luckily for us both, I liked the Everblight and he liked the Circle (maybe a tad to much) so it all worked out well. He and another pal had an intro game of Hordes at the show, while I introduced my three year old to the hobby via an intro game of Warmachine.




I would like to point out that the guy that me and Jack played against was a real good sport, he didn't mind a three year old constantly asking questions like "Can I shoot him?" "Why is he dead" and "why isn't he" over and over. And in the end played defeat so that I could make my exit and return home after a long day.

And we all come away smiling and skipping.

Thus it begins. There are now four of us playing each with a force made of a different faction (lucky really, we're screwed if someone else wants to join us) and so the flurry of scenery building, and model painting has begun. We've had a few games and invested in the full set of rules.
Our basic forces are slowly growing and colour has actually started to appear on a miniature that I own... It's true.

Legion of Everblight Mini's
I was in such a hurry to get going that I didn't take any photo's of the mini's pre-assembled or greened. But I will pop some more pics up once I have the finally Armpits filled on my Carnivean.

In the mean time I just wanted to let everyone know that Hordes is a pretty good game. 

No comments: