Tuesday 25 June 2013

Ral Partha Draconians.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the old 25mm Ral Partha and Grenadier miniatures. I remember collecting and painting the Dragons as a small whelp and will probably always think that they are some of best Dragons you can set your hands on, a tad linear I admit, but compare them to some of the newer beasts out there and you'll see what I mean. Though my opinion may be tainted.

Grenadier Miniatures, Black Dragon 2. From the Dragon Lords Range.
Now then,  I've been trying to get my hands on a set of Ral Parthas Dragonlance Draconian for an age, but the £70.00 plus price point has always been an issue, thus I have looked on from a distance and been left wanting.

Until the other week that is.

Look what arrived in the post the other day ^.^

The box has seen better days, but its not always about he wrapper.
To say that I'm elated by my latest acquisition is a bit of an understatement. Considering the prices I have seen some of these sets go for, the meager amount that I parted with in order to fuel my aforementioned wantings is laughable.

Back of the box,  a bit of blurb and a couple of nice pics of the mini's.
A lot of the old Ral Partha and Grenadier mini's have now been re-released by a couple of companies. You can now get the entire range of Dragon Lords for about £20 each (LINK) as apposed to the £50 - £100 that ebay is asking. Good thing with the Draconians though, they are from the Dragonlance range, which has not been picked up by anyone for re-release.... yet >.<

The Mini's, only one issue is the snapped sword. I can fix that though.
You get ten mini's in the set. A Priest, two large Warriors, three horned Warriors and four Warriors. I love the sculpts and the designs of these mini's. I had a set when I was young but over the years they have been somewhat misplaced or abused. It was a real trip down memory lane cracking open the pack.

I plan on painting them up all nice, maybe make a  little display stand for them, I'm not 100% sure yet. I know that I still wouldn't mind getting hold of the other three Draconians (Dragonmen) that were released by Ral Partha, but as I said before a lot of their mini's are being re-released so it may be worth waiting since they aren't a part of the Dragonlance range.

The other three that I don'y have.
The one thing that does really annoy me though is the fact that when I finally got my grubby paws on the Draconian set, one of those paws happens to be busted, so I can't do anything with them at the moment, except look at them and think they are all nice and pretty.

I will however post updates when I do start, so check back, if you're interetsed ^.^

Chiz

-Voidsign-

No comments: