Sunday 29 September 2013

Grenadier Dragon Lords.

It's been a long..ish time since I postage about anything other than KS things but that's not to say I haven't been doing anything else.

A few weeks I managed to get my grubby little paws on some goodies at a very reasonable price.


As I've said in previous posts I've always been a huge fan of the classic 80s Dragons, so this was a real find for me.

So lets have a look, I managed to get three Dragons in total The Storm Dragon, The Guardian Dragon and one of my fave all time Dragons The Cliff Dragon.



Both of the sets are in excellent condition, the only fault I found is the Knight with the Guardian Dragon is missing his weapon hand... Meh... Care not. 

Onto some close ups ^.^

Cliff Dragon
The Cliff Dragon is a great little mini, I think the detailing on this fella rivals a lot of the current metal dragons that are available, he does suffer from the "thin cast" pose though. Which I can easily overlook cuz it is a really nice dynamic pose. Launching himself into the air, ready to attack some ignorant adventurer.
Just need to get a decent Swamp Dragon to be his pal, but I can never find a good one at a good price T.T

Guardian Dragon
The Guardian Dragon again just oozes detail, and slots together perfectly. I have to keep reminding myself that these figures are almost twenty years old. The pose on this one again is a tad linear (as with almost all Grenadier Dragons) but it is fantastic, roaring in defiance at some tomb raider who has stumbled upon his layer. Either that or it's stubbed one of it's toes.

Storm Dragon
The Storm Dragon is my least fave from these three, it's long and its heavy, but its design leads to a drop in the detail. Don't get me wrong. it's there where it's needed, but it is a bit bland through out. The pose again is thin, however its huge wings do add bulk to its design. The pose is standard, skulking forward to investigate the noise made from a terrified trespasser.  
The odd thing about this model is that it seems to have areas on each side of its head where something could plus in. I have looked over the interweb, but have found nothing that shows or states there should be anything there. I may add a couple of horns though, just cuz I can.

So yeah, Imma work on getting these put together and undercoated, ready for painting. Then I'll pop a few more pics up for your viewing pleasure.

My Draconians that I was blabbing on about in THIS POST are coming along nicely, all have been cleaned and base coated. The smaller ones have their Base Skin colours on and shaded, and I continue to pick away at them when I have spare time. I will get some pics up soon.

In the mean time, Peace.

-Voidsign-

No comments: